- Seen 1437 times (last 180 days)
- This price has recently dropped by 10% .
- Be the first user to save Yamaha listing.
- Yamaha Reviews: Write
New 2021 Yamaha Standard MotorcycleMT-09
Yamaha MT-09 Description
Revolution Of The Icon;
The industry benchmark in hyper naked performance and razor sharp handling with its new 890cc, triple cylinder engine and radical next-generation design.
- All-New 890cc Liquid-Cooled 3-Cylinder DOHC Fuel-Injected Engine: The 2021 MT-09 features a newly developed 890cc liquid-cooled 3-cylinder, DOHC, 4-valve-per-cylinder fuel-injected (YCC-T) engine with a downdraft intake. The bore × stroke of 78 mm × 62.1 mm and 11.5:1 compression ratio provide outstanding torque with strong power delivery characteristics. Almost all of the fundamental parts of the engine, from the pistons and connecting rods to the crankshaft, camshafts and crankcase, have all been redesigned with a reduction in weight. The combination of improved combustion efficiency and lighter weight results in an impressive 11% improvement in fuel efficiency as well, from 44 MPG to 49 MPG.
- Eight Pounds Lighter: Weighing in at only 417 pounds, the 2021 MT-09's new engine, chassis and bodywork extensively incorporate weight-reducing technologies, to weigh in 8 pounds lighter than the former MT-09.
- New Lightweight Aluminum Frame: The 2021 MT-09 features a newly developed lightweight aluminum frame which has been further refined to showcase the MT's signature “agility. To ensure both straight-line stability and handling performance, the balance of longitudinal, lateral and torsional rigidity has also been improved. Most notably, the lateral rigidity has been increased by approximately 50% for even more straight-line stability. The all-new frame is manufactured using the latest in Yamaha's controlled filling (CF) die casting technology which contributes to the 2021 MT-09's reduced weight
- 6-Axis IMU: The 2021 MT-09 features a newly developed 6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) that retains the base performance of proven IMU in the YZF-R1 but is 50% smaller and 40% lighter due to a thorough review of the sensor layout. The engine control unit (ECU) that receives and reflects the data from the IMU is equipped with three rider aids: a Traction Control System (TCS), Slide Control System (SCS) and front-wheel LIFt control system (LIF). All three systems work together to help the rider concentrate on riding to better extract the machine's potential. Each of the systems can also be turned on or off and have their levels of intervention adj
Yamaha MT-09 Details
- Condition: New
- Year: 2021
- Make: Yamaha
- Model: MT-09
- Category: Standard
- Type: Motorcycle
- Location: Jonestown, Pennsylvania
- Stock Number: 1158
- Price: $8,459 $9,399
Yamaha MT-09 Related Links
Contact Offroad Motorsports & Cycle Sales
Offroad Motorsports & Cycle Sales Disclaimers
Price Disclaimer: This site does not charge any fees, please contact the Offroad Motorsports & Cycle Sales directly.
Editorial prices shown are a "price guide" only, based on information provided to us by the manufacturer. When purchasing a vehicle, always confirm the single figure price with the seller.